Monday, July 11, 2011

"Chillin' On a Dirt Road"

These song lyrics have been rolling through my head the past few weeks. It's a new song by Jason Aldean--which TDub and I have come to love (of course the Ludacris version is our fave). Anyway, this song just brings back such lovely memories of summer, heat, nothing to do, etc.  It also brings forth a small sadness that Taylor and I will no longer be driving, listening to our choice of sweet tunes as we cruise along.  Nor, will we be 'chillin' on a dirt road.'  However, I feel like for all of the things I might possibly miss, God is going to replace those with new loves of Hong Kong.  And for this, I am excited!  We're getting ready to head back to Colorado (from Texas) tomorrow morning and it will be the last bit of our 'last roadtrip' for a couple of years.  Sweet memories will certainly be made, all before the hustle and bustle of our last 12 days will begin.  12 days!  We are almost done packing and have hopefully planned it accordingly so that we might be able to relax and spend time with friends and family the last week instead of packing furiously.  We'll see ;)   Click below for a little 'summertime nostalgia!'


Also, as you've noticed, I've taken a couple lessons on how to use this whole 'blog' thing and am hoping I can only improve it as the year goes on.  Keep following, the excitement is about to begin!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, dirt roads will give way to much more exciting roadways soon! Nice song, too, Dubs!

    ReplyDelete