Yesterday at church, we got a treat and our worship was led by previous Dispatch band member, Brad Corrigan. So wonderful! He has such an eclectic, natural, pleasant sound. He does this neat thing where he has a song that he has the chords memorized to but every time he sings it, he changes the words and allows the Holy Spirit to sing. Yesterday, the line, 'Have the courage to lay it down, there will be a new song.' While I was almost brought to tears through this, I realized how comforting God can be. How he can take a worry you have yet to voice, and answer your concern through something so beautiful. So to clarify--I have been feeling a bit nervous about starting a new 'role' in special ed. I have come to know and love my role as someone who works with kids who can't talk, walk, eat, take care of themselves, etc. And this is what I know and LOVE! How can I fathom something different? Will I be good? Will the kids I have such a heart for be taken well care of? Will my new kids be easy to relate to? The questions cycle. And God so kindly reminds me that if I have the courage to let him do a new work in me, he WILL do that new work. There WILL be a new song. I love it!
We have really started to enjoy having Nooma as our third addition to our family. She has started to love being pet and cuddled which we have been waiting for! She comes on adventures with us and loves to be in public. We'll really miss her!
This weekend we also were able to witness such a wonderfully true profession of love from our dear friend Brianne, and her new HUSBAND! Jeremy! Brianne surprised Jeremy with a self-written song and footwashing for Jeremy during their reception instead of their first dance. Her dedication to Christ's will for her and for her new husband was so emotional for everyone watching. How beautiful their love is and we can't wait to see God intertwine them more daily. Here's to the McKoys!
Taylor captures you in poses that are priceless (he's a great photographer and you are glamorous!). You have a wonderful attitude about your upcoming position in HK, God makes all things new and your adventure to Asia is no exception! Since "babysitting" Nooma we've learned that she looks ferocious but it's just an illusion...a true softie inside! Love, Us
ReplyDelete