Saturday, February 25, 2012

"But I Feel My Heart Start Beating to My Favorite Song..."

Just last week I was telling Taylor that for some reason, music doesn't quite make sense in Hong Kong.  However, I think it's because 'my' music is a nice long drive in the blue sky, sunshine weather with the sun roof open.  THAT does not happen here, therefore, music does not really happen here. I am anxious to get back to Colorado in June and take a cruise.  I am always accepting new tune suggestions!

So now that we are ending February and starting to plan Spring Break and book flights home, I think I'll post some pictures from Thailand.  Just so I can re-live how glorious it was!  Right now, Hong Kong is going through it's rainy season. It rains a little bit but mainly it's a foggy, steamy, cloudy type of weather.  Apparently, after we've gone weeks without the sun (I think we are on week 2!) it will come out and bring it's sweaty self with it.  Not so ready for the heat and humidity again!

Anyway, for Christmas, we hit up Phuket, Thailand with Taylor's family. It was an AWESOME trip and it's so beautiful there!  Of course, once you've seen Asia, that helps to not make you feel so culture shocked.  But we had a great time eating different food, laying on beaches, reading, playing games and catching up.  It didn't feel like Christmas but it definitely is a wonderful vacation spot!

 Beautiful bungalo hotel!

 Breakfast--noodles and rice of course!

 Nothing says goodmorning like fried noodles!
 Thailand was so resourceful--coconut plant holder!

 Hotel

 Handsome!



 First drinks in Thailand!
 Our cute Bungalo!
 Poolside
 Why not?!
 
 Beach time!
 Christmas dinner was FANTASTIC!

 Complete with a fireshow!
 Waiting for our mo-peds to arrive...


 Gas from a tube. SO crazy!
 Ready to ride!  What an awful helmet, right?!

 BEAUTIFUL sunsets!
 Baby elephants!
 Riding an elephant through the tree tops!

 Looking down..
 Asia is all about manual labor. This woman was STRONG!
 Dr. Fish! They suck the dry skin off your feet...or just ticket immensely!

 Celebrating 2 years in Thailand...holding our 1 year photo!  Below we are setting off a lantern for good luck!
 Family Christmas photo!
 A day at sea...riding out to kayak in and out of the caves of Phuket. So awesome!

 Stunning!



 Getting ready to go inside the cave...it's amazing!


 There were monkeys everywhere! Incredible! So cute!


 Love these shots of Debbie :)

 Miss you, Thailand!
 We got to make a traditional good luck piece of out banana leaves and plants that you then light and set to see for good luck!

 One of my favorite parts of the trip--Skyping with the sibs!!
 Daily view. Take.Me.Away!
 Love my traveling partner...LOVE MY HUSBAND!
 Best pedicure view EVER!
 Should avoid the beach AFTER the pedicure...
Off to the airport...adios, Thailand, we will meet again!

AND NOW, I feel a bit more caught up. Funny how even after moving to a foreign country, life still gets going and things get in the way of keeping in touch.  We are always thinking about everyone and planning our return!  Cannot wait for summer sunsets, grilling, Chipotle, and friends and family :) We love you!

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! Loved getting to see your sweet smiling faces. Miss you guys - so thankful God is allowing you to enjoy this amazing journey together at this time in your lives. What a gift! Come back and see us...I guess I can't tempt you with NYC? :) - Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. love the black/white swimsuit top you're wearing. 2. fish eating skin off your feet?? horror film!! 3. yay for sibs photo : ) 4. monkeys crawling around caves you're kayaking through?? horror film!! 5. you rode elephants!!!! amazing!!! 6. fried noodles for breakfast?? horror film!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete