Saturday, November 3, 2012

"I want to fall in love with You..."

A blog post without weekly belly pictures? Yup, I'm surprised, too! You see, we've been a little occupied--and to think it has all yet to begin! Since getting pregnant, our social lives have consisted of TV series, books, single store shopping trips and occasional meals out with friends. It's been such a learning experience, these last 9 months (hard to believe we are now 9 months pregnant!).  I have had to learn to slow things down, wait for another day when more energy might be available, and break routines we had finally settled into. Feel free to ask my wonderful and patient husband, change for me is tough!  And yet, we're welcoming this new life with open arms!

I feel like in order to catch up on our days, I must return to June. Before heading back to the States for the summer, we celebrated Mr. TDub Will's 27th birthday. Unfortunately, he had to work. However, when all the kids found out it was his special day, there was a constant buzz and song in his classroom to make sure he felt honored that it was his day! Taylor and I went out to eat at a wood fired pizza place and reminisced on the year we had almost completed. That weekend, I tried to hold a surprise beach BBQ for him, but as always, he is one step ahead and figured it out! In HK it's common to buy a bunch of raw, marinated meat and sit around a campfire to grill it. It was such a fun idea... Minus the fact it was so very hot outside--a campfire was too warm! Nonetheless, birthday boy was able to celebrate with close friends and try a new cultural tradition.

















A few weeks later we packed up our 1st year apartment and headed tithe airport for the summer. After a day of missing standby flights, we bought tickets and boarded the plane the day after.  Getting home must have been such an overwhelming experience-- it left me sick and in bed with antibiotics for the first couple of weeks. After recovering, we had our magical gender reveal party to find out that sweet Little Miss Williams will be joining us in November. Such an incredible time with friends and family!  We were soon shuttled around Colorado with the wildfire madness-- check out the hazy ness from the flames!






We spent lazy days in Colorado with all our family and friends, eating, sleeping and catching up on American commercials (which I did not miss!).  Taylor and I got a chance to spend time in Crested Butte for our good friends' wedding, and Breckinridge for our lovely baby moon (last trip before the baby!). We spent some time with all our family and siblings, golfing and 'matching!' The Colorado air (and family!) was exactly what we needed!




























We were completely smothered with love and care at sweet Nugget's first shower-- the pictures are such a testimony to how many people already love her!


























Since being back in Hong Kong, we have settled into our new apartment (still in the school but a different one), sweat buckets, and found our way back to our favorite Thai, Indian, and Chinese food restaurants.  It really feels more like home this year! We have cornered off a part of the living room for our little girl, her nursery nook!  Dad set up her crib and I have been organizing and re-organizing her clothes daily (can we say nesting?!)



Last night we went out to celebrate my 29th birthday.  It's official, Taylor Williams is the best gift I could ever receive--and every year, it just gets better! Flowers and a seafood dinner? He knows me so well :)  I love you! Here's to a 100 more birthdays with you!











With only 1 week until her arrival, we have been crossing things off our list of things we might want to do before her debut.  Somehow, we always find our way back to our cozy couch, enjoying just being the 2 of us, doing nothing.  What a blessing to walk through life with my best friend!





No comments:

Post a Comment