But we believe most definitely that this is where the Lord has asked us to not only tango with culture shock, but with Him, as well. He has asked us to learn how to trust him differently than before. He desires us to 'stand here with Him.' And so, just as Lifehouse (above quote) asks the same question, we too ask, "How can I stand here with You and not be moved by this?" He IS moving in us! He IS making changes! He IS refining us. And while some days, we would rather crawl back into our cozy farm house life, we know that our city apartment with trains, buses, and street food is right where He wants us. Thank you for joining us on this journey--for keeping up with emails, Skype calls, weekend phone chats and random texts, probably at the wrong time of day! We so appreciate knowing we have everyone's support and love back home!
As always, I have been collecting an abundance of fun photos from the past couple of weeks. I wonder if things will ever become unexciting for me here?? :)
This is a picture from our home train station (Shek Mun)...I always am VERY happy when the train rolls in. Honestly, though, we have rarely waited longer than 6 minutes for another train--the transportation here is very developed.
This was a little glimpse into a store we found last week--craft supplies, ribbons, paper, vases, artificial flowers, home goods, etc. Wonderful!
Just a pretty spot in the flower market..
This was interesting! We read about this burger place in a travel book and happened to be in the neighborhood it was located. Anyway, they use rice instead of a bun! It was a weird tempura 'patty' which still tasted good but we were expecting a real burger on rice. Pretty tasty, nonetheless! This gets me excited for my dad to visit (fellow 'foodie'!) because the food here is incredible!!
Date night! I love him!!
I snuck this picture on the MTR (train). Please take note--the flames are 3D and come off the back of the shoe! Amazing! haha.
Playing some poker with the Bradford's...but had 3 different types of popcorn as the late night snack! Cinnamon sugar, honey, and regular... yum!!
His first Dr. Pepper in Hong Kong! Goes down smooth...but harder to find!
Date night! Handsome over there belongs to me...Japanese 'fast food' ...meat and noodles/rice!
This stuff is AWESOME! We were told about this by the wonderful Dr. Draper and have been curious about it ever since! It's a muscle rub that's not sold in the states but works like a charm. We found it at the dispensary after some translation of such and a buck later, we were pain free :)
Temple Street with some ladies for Indian food! So delish--and wonderful company for the night!
I bought a dog. Just kidding. But I might if I ever see a look-alike for sale!! This a shop dog near us and I hope to visit him often. He's an older man's companion but the man literally told the dog to look at the camera--and he did!!! I WANT ONE!!
So. Everything is SO BUSY and CROWDED here! We decide we should try the IKEA meatballs everyone has always raved about so we head out on a Saturday for some lunch. It's not uncommon (and we did it as well) for someone to stand next to your table the whole time you eat so that they can have your table when you're done. It's awkward, for sure! But if you don't claim your spot, someone else will! Welcome to the city!
Tight spaces, EVERYWHERE!
But the food was worth it! Indian delight!
Sitting in my office--snapping a shot of my homemade scarf--out of Taylor's old t-shirt! Being in a place where things are not completely at your finger tips can be fun--because it forces you to be creative!
These are pictures from the camp we have been spending time at--I have been going for High School students last week and tomorrow, Taylor and I will both go until Friday with the Middle School. It's exactly like what we used to do in the states--but Taylor won't run the show! That part is awesome! And even better--it's part of the work week/school week and not the weekend! Details to come on our MS experience!
Pretty view of the bay from a couple stops away from our place--I was walking back to the train after a day at the YMCA camp. Beautiful! We might consider living in this area next year...
1st Hong Kong Marg...every drop was so wondeful!
At the bus terminus to head to the airport and pick up Timothy and Mom! We were very happy to have visitors! We got to show them around a bit (or did they show us around, more? :)! )
SOOO pretty!! The view. Taylor would not want to be called 'pretty!'
I will let your mind wander until I post why this wig was purchased... until then, isn't he 'pretty'??! ;)
View from dinner on Victoria Harbor. Love this area!
Massive rolls and a table setting I might need to copy!
Mom and Timothy--just before I spilled wine ALL over Taylor! Red wine. Oops.
Every night there is a 15 minute laser light show on the Harbor. It's teamed with music in certain spots on town but we just enjoyed it from our dinner table. Fun!
Cruising up the mid-levels for some burgers!
Oddest bathroom labels EVER! It apparently would like you to decipher your business in advance to entering! I was more than confused. However, one bathroom only featured a urinal... so perhaps the 'choice' of which bathroom only pertains to men. WEIRD!
Our rug came!! Pictures of the living room to follow...
Just a normal bus ride...with My Love. We're blessed!
The gorgeous views here are unnumbered--this is near our place. Love!
Well, I am totally confused by what day it is...but it is Tuesday morning. We had Monday and today off to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival (a family holiday to celebrate relationships?) and the holiday was last night--lanterns, glow sticks and fireworks plus time outside is part of it. We did not attend any celebrations and instead, celebrated on the couch :) But now, we are off to run some errands and hang with friends around the apartment today--resting before camp tomorrow! Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! Happy fall-like weather in the States! We are still in the 90's here...
WE LOVE YOU!!



































Hey hey hey!
ReplyDeleteJust getting to your blog-so fun! Jealous of your adventures, okay, not really jealous, just really excited for you guys! Okay, a little jealous. : )
Love you and great to see all you are up to!
LaGringa ; )